More updates to coldfusiondocs.com

On April 15, 2008, in ColdFusion, Flex, by Anuj Gakhar

Last night, I made some more updates to ColdFusiondocs.com, although minor updates again. I have changed the right panel to have a tabbed layout rather than a top and bottom layout, I think this gives more room for the actual content and both the documentation section and the useful url’s section should be easier for the eye.

Another minor change I did was to focus the search field on load and place the text caret in there. I cant seem to get it to work in Firefox though, would be nice to know if anyone has a fix.

On a side note, I am still struggling to get the deep linking to work mainly because of the fact that the way this app is written. I wil try some more when I get some time as I know its an important feature for this app.

Oh, by the way, as a reminder, you are more than welcome to go and add you CF related links to the app.

Here is the link. www.coldfusiondocs.com/app/

12 Responses to More updates to coldfusiondocs.com

1. Planning an AIR application for it anytime soon?

2. Gary Fenton says:

Thanks for the update but there’s a bug. Using IE7 on WinXP, searching for a tag such as “cfdocument” shows the matching tags (3 of them) but none of the results are clickable. They don’t even highlight. It works fine in FF2 though. Is this a Microsoft revolt? 😉

3. Anuj Gakhar says:

@Todd, there already is an AIR app around for CFDocs ..http://blog.brianflove.com/articles/2008/02/19/cfdocs-on-air

@Gary, thanks for pointing that out, but i have just tried it in IE7 and it does work for me. And I am on WinXP as well. Did you try clearing your cache first?

4. @Anuj: Uh, it’s not even the same application as yours? 😛

5. Gary Fenton says:

@Anuj, yes, I’ve cleared the cache and I also get the same problem on a separate IE6 machine that’s never visited your app before. It works okay in Safari 3 and Firefox 3. Just IE6/7 that has problems for me. Sorry!

6. Anuj Gakhar says:

@Todd, Its not, I know 🙂 But 2 AIR apps showing the same documentation would be nothing more but a waste of time 🙂 I would rather work on the web based version and try and make it more useful if I see community interest ofcourse.

7. Anuj Gakhar says:

@Gary, I will take a look.

On a side note, May be Flash player secretly ignores IE every now and then ? haha…

8. Gary Fenton says:

I prefer Anuj’s web docs to the AIR version. Unfortunately I haven’t installed any AIR apps that I want to keep. Web apps rule! 😉

9. Sam Farmer says:

coldfusiondocs.com just gets better and better

10. Gary Fenton says:

Anuj, I don’t suppose you’ve had time to take a look at the IE bug please? I can email you a video if it helps show what the problem is. (Will need your email address). Thanks.

11. Anuj Gakhar says:

@Gary, I can look at it tonight. A video would be helpful. My email address is on the contact page. Cheers.

12. Anuj Gakhar says:

@Gary, I just posted an update. Couldnt do a thorough test but from the looks of it, it looks like it is working in IE as well now.